Why you should have your furnace inspected and maintained
It’s winter here in western New York, and there are few places in the country that are colder. As residents of this beautiful region, we pride ourselves in enduring the elements outside. But, your home is a different matter. You want you and your family to be warm when you’re resting, relaxing, and working at home.
Your furnace has probably been working double-time to keep your family cozy and warm, and Reimer Home Services would like to remind you that your heating system needs regular maintenance to keep it running at its best.
Maintaining a furnace
Much like your car, your home’s heating system is something that you can’t live without, especially here in the winter months. Also like a car, your furnace needs regular maintenance to keep it running, but also to make it as efficient as possible and less prone to future breakdowns. Don’t just take our word for it: Angie’s List says you should have your system looked at annually.
If you’re on the fence about having your furnace maintained, you should consider the following:
- Regular tune-ups could prolong the life of your system: When your system is working hard all winter, having everything maintained and working right reduces the overall strain on the furnace, making it more likely that it will last longer and keep warming your home for many years to come.
- A tune-up could help you save on your energy costs: Without a maintenance inspection, your furnace could have major inefficiencies that are wasting energy. If you’ve been seeing higher and higher energy bills that come without a huge change in usage, it might be a sign that your system is working harder than it should to heat your home.
- An inspection of your system can make sure it’s safe: A furnace that goes without regular maintenance and check-ups could become a hazard to you and your family. Without maintenance, a furnace may begin to emit toxic gases and smells. That’s definitely something you want to avoid.
- A furnace tune-up could prevent you from needing future repairs: Having a certified technician inspect your system before something goes wrong could make all the difference. As Benjamin Franklin once wisely put, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. He probably wasn’t talking about modern HVAC systems, but it doesn’t make the truism any less applicable!
What will a good company provide?
Now that we’ve told you about why you should consider having your furnace maintained, here’s what you should expect a good heating and cooling company to offer:
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee: A good HVAC company should stand by their work, and make sure your satisfaction and happiness comes first. Here at Reimer, we aim to do the work right the first time around. After all, we’ve been fixing home systems for more than 90 years! We take a lot of pride in that legacy of excellence, and we know we’ll be able to do right by you, your family, and your home.
- A great company will know what they’re doing: At Reimer, all of our technicians are certified with some of the leading credentials in the industry. We promise you this: we would never let anyone into your home to work on your system that we wouldn’t trust in our own homes. That’s why our technicians are not only fully background-checked, but we also continuously train them on new repair and maintenance techniques. After all, we have a long history of excellent service to uphold.
- A thorough inspection: You want technicians who are willing to go the extra mile to look at the entire heating system, not just a part of it. Our inspections are detailed. We want to make sure the entire furnace is working the way it should, so that you can sleep comfortably knowing that your system is ready to keep your home warm and cozy all winter.
When should I schedule maintenance?
We’re glad you’ve agreed: maintenance goes along way in keeping your system in top-notch shape, and can save you money.
Ideally, you should have your furnace and heating system inspected at least once a year, preferably before it starts to get cold outside. When those nightly temperatures drop, you’re going to start to run your furnace more and more: having us inspect it prior to this point allows us to give it a check-up prior to too much strain being put on it. Plus, this strategy will maximize any energy savings from a more efficient system, putting more money back into your pocket over the course of the season.
If you didn’t get your furnace inspected at the start of the season, still consider giving us a call. With the snowy weather outside, your heating system is probably seeing a lot of use. While early fall is probably the best time to have us look at your system, we’d argue that there is no bad time to get maintenance. Remember: it could save you from having to make unscheduled repairs down the road, should your furnace break down.
Why choose Reimer for my tune-up?
Unlike a lot of companies in this industry, we’ve been in business for nearly a century. Generations of families in western New York have trusted us to keep them warm and safe in their homes. That means something to us, and we’d be honored to have your business.
Here are some other reasons to choose Reimer:
- We service all makes and models
- We offer 24/7 emergency service, should your heating system need to be repaired
- We provide our customers with some of the best warranties in the industry
- We offer other services that you can count on, like plumbing, air conditioning, duct cleaning, and water heater maintenance
How can I contact Reimer?
If you’re ready to experience the difference that 94 years of experience makes, give Reimer a call at (716) 462-4403, or schedule furnace maintenance service with us. We’re located in Tonawanda, and serve Buffalo and a large part of western New York.