Should I have my Furnace Inspected by a Professional Every Year?
Having an annual furnace inspection and tune-up will help to ensure you and your family aren’t without heat this fall and winter.
It may be hard to believe, but before you know it, the colder Buffalo days and nights will be here. As fall approaches, so do the days of no longer running your AC, but turning on the furnace. This time of year usually leads to homeowners wondering, “Should I have my furnace inspected by a professional every year?” We are going to review the benefits of scheduling a furnace tune-up.
Should I have my furnace inspected by a professional every year?
Yes, having an annual furnace inspection and tune-up will help to ensure you and your family aren’t without heat this fall and winter. Furnace manufacturers all recommend annual inspections and maintenance by a qualified technician. They also have language in their warranties saying that damage to the units caused by improper maintenance is not covered under the warranty.
Furnace inspections help to identify any potential issues to your HVAC system before you are turning up the heat for the season. Annual tune-ups can help to extend the life of your unit as well.
Why should I have my furnace inspected each year?
Furnace inspections and tune-ups have many safety and maintenance benefits:
– Energy efficiency: A furnace tune-up will make your system more efficient, which could result in substantial energy savings over the Buffalo winter.
– System lifespan: Regular maintenance can help your furnace to last longer and delay the need for furnace replacement.
– Lower risk of breakdown: An annual checkup from a licensed professional can help your furnace make it through the season with a lower risk of unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs.
– Heating performance: A furnace tune-up can remove spotty heating and other performance problems. With a tune-up, potential issues and blockages are identified before they cause uneven heating or other problems.
– Warranty maintenance: Many furnace manufacturers offer warranties on their products that come with a small catch: to keep the warranty from year-to-year, you need to schedule annual maintenance from a professional.
What should I expect with a furnace inspection and tune-up?
Now that we have answered your question of, “Should I have my furnace inspected by a professional every year?”, you are probably wondering what a furnace inspection and tune-up includes. Below we review what you can typically expect during a tune-up and inspection:
– Inspect heat exchanger
– Check blower and blower wheel
– Test ignition and flame sensor
– Lubricate all moving parts, as needed
– Tighten electrical connection
– Re-calibrate your thermostat
– Check your belts and fans
– Clean your air filter and intake grills
– Check vents for blocks or leaks
– Conduct a furnace safety inspection
How can I ensure my heater is in good condition going into the colder months?
Get your heater ready for the winter ahead with a thorough, multipoint tune-up from the Reimer Home Services team.
We’re your preventative maintenance experts. For decades, our techs have helped homeowners get more out of their furnaces, boilers, and heaters.
Our professional tune-up and inspection can help prevent breakdowns, lower your energy bills, and even add years to your system’s lifespan.
To schedule your furnace maintenance here in Buffalo and Western New York, call us or request service online. We’ll set a date with you for your tune-up.