Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
If your family needs more hot water than a standard unit can produce, a tankless water heater could be right for you.
Are you just about done with your family “running out” of hot water on busy mornings? If so, a tankless water heater might be a great fit for your Buffalo home. They provide limitless hot water, are energy-efficient, take up less space than a traditional water heater, amongst many other benefits. We are going to review the benefits of a tankless water heater.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Before we can review the benefits of a tankless water heater, we should review what exactly a tankless water heater is. Tankless water heaters take up a lot less space than standard water heaters. Unlike regular hot water heaters that store and heat the water, with tankless water heaters, the water is not kept in the water heater. Instead, when you turn on the hot water, cold water travels through the plumbing and into the tankless water heater unit where it is heated by a gas burner or an electric element. This creates a constant supply of hot water.
On average, tankless water heaters provide hot water at a rate of 2 to 5 gallons per minute.
What are the Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater could be a full solution for hot water in your Buffalo home, or an add-on to an already existing system. If your family needs more hot water than a standard unit can produce, a tankless water heater could be right for you. Let’s review the benefits of a tankless water heater.
– Energy Efficient: According to Energy.gov, tankless water heaters (also known as demand water heaters) can be 24% to 34% more energy efficient than conventional storage tank water heaters. Those energy savings can really add up.
– Longevity: Standard water heaters usually last around 10 years; most tankless water heaters have double that life expectancy and last more than 20 years. Demand water heaters also have more easily replaceable parts that extend their life by many more years than their standard counterparts.
– Hot Water on Demand: As we mentioned above, tankless water heaters don’t store the water like standard water heaters do. Instead, the water is heated as it is requested (when hot water is turned on). One of the main benefits of a tankless water heater is that it can heat water quickly and there is an unlimited supply.
– Space Saving: Tankless water heaters don’t need a huge physical footprint like standard water heaters. A standard water heater can take up a lot of space and can be an eyesore in your Buffalo home. Tankless water heaters are much smaller than other water heaters and can sometimes be about the size of a shoebox. This can be a major benefit for many homeowners.
– Safety: Traditional water heaters can overheat, and in rare instances, explode. Because tankless models hold very little water, the threat of overheating or explosion is much lower. In addition, due to the lack of stored water, there is an eliminated risk of a flooded garage, basement, or utility closet.
The benefits of a tankless water heater could lead you to consider having one or more of these units installed in your Buffalo, New York home. Not only do tankless water heaters provide endless and instant hot water, they take up less space and energy, and can last double the amount of time as a standard water heater.
At Reimer, we install these advanced, energy-efficient systems. We’re your team for tankless water heater replacement in Buffalo and Western New York.
If your home already has a tankless water heater, trust our plumbers to repair and service it. We’re available 24/7 for tankless water heater repair near Buffalo and in Erie County.
To get started, call us or request service online.