Pumpkin spice lattes are coming back into style. Children are back in school, and stores are beginning to carry Halloween decorations and candy. Here in Buffalo, the days of summer are quickly coming to an end as fall enters full swing. Cooler nights are on the way, and your home has to be ready. There’s no better time for a furnace tune-up than right now, before you turn on your furnace for the season.
In this blog post, we’ll review the benefits of scheduling a furnace tune-up with Reimer, as well as what makes the early fall months the ideal time for a professional heating system inspection.
Why should I get a furnace tune-up?
In one of our previous blog posts, we talked about the benefits of a seasonal air conditioning tune-up. In fact, many of these benefits are the same for a furnace tune-up, including:
- Increased energy efficiency: A furnace tune-up will make your system more efficient, which could result in significant savings over the entirety of the winter season.
- Longer system lifespan: Regular maintenance can help your furnace live a longer life, delaying the need for replacement.
- Less risk of system breakdown: Nobody wants their furnace breaking down in the middle of the night. An annual checkup from a licensed professional can help your furnace make it through the season.
- Better heating performance: Why even have a furnace if it’s not going to heat your home the way you prefer? A furnace tune-up can remove spotty heating and other performance problems.
- Warranty maintenance: Many furnace manufacturers offer warranties on their products that come with a small catch: to keep the warranty from year-to-year, you need to schedule annual maintenance from a professional.
What’s the best time for a tune-up?
We recommend that you get your furnace tuned up before the first cold nights of late autumn and winter, when you need to turn your furnace on for the first time in the season. Having a professional technician inspect your system before you turn on your furnace gives them a chance to find anything that’s broken before the situation gets worse.
Plus, having your furnace inspected before the arrival of the year’s coldest months maximizes your energy savings. An unmaintained furnace burns more energy and pushes your gas or electric bill higher and higher. By having an experienced technician from Reimer inspect your system before you begin using it, you get the best return on your energy investment. That’s more money that stays in your pocket.
However, the question of timing is somewhat of a trick question. There’s no bad time for a furnace tune-up. Generally, you should have your furnace inspected by a professional at least once-a-year, but if that inspection happens in the middle of winter or the middle of summer, it’s better than not having your heating system maintained at all.
Why should I choose Reimer for my furnace tune-up?
Since 1921, Reimer has been helping generations of Buffalo families with their heating and cooling needs. We’re proud to be a trusted source for HVAC advice, services, and products. Our technicians are not only industry-certified, but have years of experience repairing and maintaining furnaces. If you want to get your heating system ready for the cold winter ahead, trust the Reimer team.
Our technicians have worked with almost every kind of furnace there is, and can maintain any make or model. We work with furnaces, boilers, and heaters. Our team is available 24/7 for repairs and maintenance, and Reimer backs the work our technicians do with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Ready to have your furnace tuned up? Schedule service with us online or give us a call at 716-694-8524.